As an audiophile and dedicated gamer, you'll need the best audiophile headphones for gaming for high-quality sound. The last thing you need is the noise in your background distracting you or a muffled sound with your team right in the middle of a fight with the enemy. Other than gamers, top audio engineers will also need the best audiophile headphones for spacious and airy sound quality while they work.
Which headphone has best sound quality?
Great quality sound in your gaming setup will mean the difference in your game; when you can hear everything from the footsteps to the sound of breathing because this gives you an edge over your opponent. Whether you sport a premium pick or go for cheaper headphones, if your headphones can't provide that level of clarity, as harsh as it might sound, then they're pretty much useless when it comes to your gaming session or audio listening.
Great-quality audiophile headphones will always deliver exactly what you need in terms of high-quality stereo sound and simultaneously block out the external noise. The balanced sound will help you focus on the game. These audiophile gaming headphones also let you experience the game on a whole new level that's more immersive and exciting- just how it was meant to be played.
What Are Gaming Audiophile Headphones?
Unlike other headphones, audiophile headphones are high-quality headphones that emphasize a clear and fantastic sound quality. For such an immersive audio experience, a wide frequency range has to be produced, and typically, gaming headphones carry more significant drivers with a higher impedance to reduce the clipping effects. Additionally, most of these audiophile headphones for gaming come in a stylish design that's great for personal use or gaming.
Audiophile headphones are specially designed for people who crave a more detailed soundscape at the most accurate audio reproduction possible. If you prefer getting immersed in the sound, crystal clarity does you better while you listen to your favorite music.
An audiophile headphone will use top-quality materials such as titanium and aluminum combined with a sturdy driver to recreate better audio quality from your favorite music and video games. These are quality headphones designed to deliver a singular sound that's not distorted by unwanted electronic noise.
Do You Need Audiophile Headphones For Gaming?
There's a myriad of reasons why you'd need audiophile headphones for gaming.
a) Enjoy Great Music
First off, audiophile headphones are the perfect way to enjoy great music, whether classical, jazz, EDM or rock and roll. An audiophile headset is a pair of high-quality headphones that's rich in detail when it comes to capturing music. It also provides an intimate sound experience that definitely exceeds what you'd get from earbuds or speakers.
b) Noise Isolation Feature
With an audiophile headset, not only will you not need to stress over the sound quality anymore, but these headphones also come with a noise isolation feature. This is perfect for days when you'll have to work or walk in any busy setting; this would include places such as buses, trains or airports.
An audiophile gaming headset has an acoustic design that's specifically meant to lower the distortion while delivering an accurate sound and clean audio performance at whatever volume level. Like premium headphones, most audiophile gaming headphones come with a long, mostly 8-foot cord to ensure that it's portable and that it connects pretty quickly with your devices.
c) Great for Gaming
Generally, open-back headphones are popularly known to create the most natural soundscape in gaming for an immersive experience in large, open-world games. In addition, these headphones for gaming are padded and really comfortable, making them ideal for long gaming sessions. Also, note that the sound waves also don't just bounce off your lugholes.
On the other hand, closed-back headphones are popularly known for their great noise canceling features. If you're gaming in a room full of people, then you'll appreciate these features, especially because sounds won't be leaking with the closed-back design.
1. Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1X Open Air High-Fidelity Gaming Headset
- Advanced 53 mm drivers provide extremely accurate sound reproduction for FPS (first-person...
- Open-air design provides unrivaled sound quality clarity and comfort
- Improved 3D Wing Support system offers hours of comfort and a secure fit
- Audio-Technica's state-of-the-art microphone enables crystal clear in-game voice...
- Simple volume control and locking microphone mute switch enable one-hand operation
The Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1X open-air gaming headset is one of the best open-back headphones and a fantastic option for many gamers. It has a lightweight, sleek design that's comfortable and sure to make you feel like you're in the game even when it's not around.
This Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1X headset includes 53 mm drivers, which are advanced for better sound quality, and super-soft earpads that keep your ears comfortable. These features are supported by a durable metal honeycomb construction that helps keep the Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1X light in weight. The Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1X is also an excellent choice if you need something that gives you a high-fidelity sound with a crystal clear microphone.
These are premium headphones that are both functional and portable, that you can use without any surrounding noise and wind interference. The Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1X also has a 2.0 mm x 1.2 m extension cable for more mobility. It also has its volume/mute button on the cable so that it's always accessible.
Additionally, these Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1X headphones for gaming are compatible with PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. Since most gamers spend countless hours wearing their headsets on, it's vital that they're extra comfortable.
For this reason, the Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1X comes so well-designed using lightweight plastic material and earpads that are extra padded and soft. Overall, these rank as some of the best audiophile headphones for gaming that give you a secure but comfortable fit that's also durable.
2. SENNHEISER HD 800 S Reference Headphone System
- Open back, around ear, reference class dynamic headphone
- 56mm ring radiator transducers are the largest drivers ever used in dynamic headphones
- Innovative absorber technology reduces unwanted frequency response peaks allowing all the...
- Unique ear cup design directs sound waves to the ear at a slight angle to create an...
- Includes two connecting cables: single ended 1/4 inches And balanced 4. 4 mm Pentacon...
The Sennheiser HD 800S audiophile headphone was introduced into the market in 2016 and still maintains its spot as one of the best audiophile headphones in the market today. With the tagged price, you get cutting-edge audio technology and nothing less.
If you're looking for a pair of memorable headphones that give you that next-level experience, then the Sennheiser HD 800S are definitely what you're looking for. Of course, these bad boys can also be hooked up to an iPod mini- if anybody still owns that. But as a high-end pair of audiophile headphones, the Sennheiser HD 800S only reaches its max potential with the use of an amplifier.
Even a small Schiit Magni 3+ would make such the difference. But even then, don't let that part think of the Sennheiser HD 800S any less. It's definitely a great pick even for pro gamers or audiophiles and basically anyone who can afford them. The high-quality sound comes with an excellent bass.
And when paired with a fantastic imaging and massive soundstage, these are hands down the best premium headphones on the list, especially if you're a gaming audiophile. Not only are these the best headphones for their impressive sound, but they're also a masterpiece made in excellent quality.
3. Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro Open Studio Headphones
- Open studio reference class headphones for mixing and mastering, Made in Germany
- 250 ohms, 45 mm dynamic Tesla neodymium drivers
- Single sided, detachable cable with mini-XLR connectors
- Soft, replaceable ear pads and headband for long studio sessions. Headphone frequency...
- Delivery contents: 2 ear pads with different sound characteristics (analytical and...
Beyerdynamic is a manufacturer with almost a century's worth of experience in the sound equipment industry, so you know that the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pros are flawless. And in real sense, they almost are. In all honesty, it's almost hard to find anything negative about these particular headphones.
The design definitely trumps most- if not all else in this list. They're pretty sleek, comfortable, and heavy-duty in construction. In addition, the sound quality is so clean you could eat off of it. Undoubtedly, the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pros are one of the best audiophile headphones for gaming there are. Besides its clear sounds, it also has an excellent bass and sound imaging that's simply amazing. The drawback, however, is that the soundstage falls a little short compared to others on the list.
Overall, with that in mind, the DT 1990 Pro still make an amazing pair of headphones that'll take your gaming experience to a whole other level.
4. Nuraphone Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones with Earbuds
- Bespoke Sound: Experience truly personalized sound with Nuraphone Bluetooth headphones. By...
- Noise Cancelling Headphones: Enjoy the music you love without distraction thanks to active...
- Immersion Mode: Our Bluetooth headset combines in-ear buds dedicated to melodies with...
- Long Life Headphones Wireless/Headphones Wired: Go wireless with high-quality Bluetooth...
- What You Get: 1 x Nuraphone Bluetooth Headphones Over Ear, 1 x Soft Travel Case, 3 x Pairs...
The Nuraphone tops the list as one of the best wireless audiophile headphones that comes with parallel individual drivers in each ear. The upper-frequency is taken care of by the in-ear drivers, while the over-ear drivers handle the bass and low-tones. In essence, it's pretty much like having a pair of good speakers in each ear.
The Nuraphones headphones have already undergone a handful of updates since their successful Kickstarter launch 3 years ago. As a result, they rival even the most premium gaming headsets. Most notably is the introduction of the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) feature and a gaming microphone attachment.
The Nuraphone gaming microphone is an excellent attachment that makes these wireless Bluetooth headphones a decent gaming headset. It's also one of the best-looking pairs of headsets you find right now, with custom sound profiles that offer a rich and detailed soundscape.
5. Ultrasone Performance 880 Professional In-ear Closed-Back Headphones
- High-precision mapping of music and speech
- 40mm titanium-coated transducer
- S-Logic Plus technology for natural spatial sound
- The shielding advantages of a closed model with an 'open' sound
- Clear high-frequency range
The Ultrasone Performance 880 headphones are one of the best in-ear headphones available on the market today. They are not only meant to be used by gamers; they're authentically good audiophile headsets that you can also use to enjoy other different activities such as watching TV or listening to your jams.
These headphones are sure to give you a mind-blowing experience, especially if you consider just how rich and exhilarating the sound gets. These headphones use an S-LogicA Plus technology which makes them exceptionally good compared to other conventional headphones. It also incorporates a lower sound pressure level that's necessary at the same volume level (3 – 4dB) to improve sound clarity and make it easier for you to hear every single detail.
The S-LogicA Plus design is unique since it also reflects the sound a lot more frequently before it reaches the inner ear, creating a spatial impression that you'd normally only expect to get on pricier speakers. In addition, it has a broad stereo soundstage that allows the listeners to completely immerse themselves in their music while enjoying a smooth listening experience.
6. V-Moda M-200 Professional Studio Headphone
- Reference studio sound fine-tuned by Roland engineered and proclaimed “Best new...
- Lightweight metal build adjustable headband for single ear monitoring + improved sweat...
- 50mm drivers with neodymium magnets and CCAW voice coils for precision listening mixing...
- Large replaceable magnetic memory foam cushions and 100% PU leather headband for hours of...
- Includes 2 cables single-sided balanced audio to produce cleaner more spacious sound for...
These are pro-grade audiophile gaming headsets that feature large 50mm drivers. They also come with a wide frequency response range that's between 5Hz-40kHz. As a result, these are an excellent pick for both audiophiles and gamers. One of the best things about the M-200 is its light and compact design that weighs only 290 g, making it great to carry around while you commute, go to work, or play.
On the downside, these headsets are not adjustable and can be a little tight fit, especially for people with a sizeable head. Surprisingly and unfortunately, it also doesn't come with a Lightning/USB Type-C adaptor.
7. Jabra Elite Active 75t True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
- SECURE ACTIVE FIT – We scanned thousands of ears to create the best-fitting earbuds for...
- ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION: With these noise cancelling earbuds, you can filter out the...
- CRYSTAL-CLEAR CALLS – 4 microphones, the latest digital signal processing and pioneering...
- LONG BATTERY LIFE – With Jabra Elite Active 75t wireless Bluetooth earbuds, you get up...
- MY SOUND IS YOUR SOUND – Our latest pioneering technology tests your hearing in the...
Chances are, you're not just getting the headsets to just use when you're always playing games. For most gamers, gaming is pretty much a lifestyle and hobby, but they also spend the rest of their time doing other things, like commuting, going to the gym, working, cooking, and cleaning. Basically, these are everyday activities that you can enhance just by wearing the Jabra Elite Active 75t True Wireless Bluetooth earbuds.
They are also one of the best in-ear headphones for gaming. As a brand, Jabra prioritizes 2 things: durability and your comfort. Don't tense up just yet; the sound quality is also just as good. These buds give a frequency response range between 20–20kHz.
This range makes them a worthy rival against other premium picks in the list of the best wireless gaming headsets. But unfortunately, they have an exclusivity Bluetooth connectivity that makes them a bit hard to use while in gaming.
Although, with the proper adapters in tow, you won't have much of a problem setting them up. Everything about these in-ear headsets scream ease of use, including its customizable EQ that's found in its optional Jabra Sound+ app.
8. Beats Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earbuds
- Totally wireless high-performance earphones
- Up to 9 hours of listening time (more than 24 hours with charging case)
- Adjustable, secure-fit earhooks for lightweight comfort and stability
- Reinforced design for sweat & water resistance during tough workouts
- Volume & track controls on each earbud, voice capability, and Auto Play/Pause
One of the highlights that you'd probably love about the Beats Powerbeats Pro wireless earbuds is the fact that they are so easy to pair and are compatible with just about any smart device. Of course, they are mainly marketed as fitness earbuds, but in this case, they also work pretty well with gaming laptops, smartphones, tablets, and basically anything else you might want to try.
What's more, the transition from workout or commute to gameplay is nearly seamless, which hasn't always been the case when setting up a lot of Bluetooth headphones. The audio is also well-balanced, and the bass is relatively not as heavy if you'd compare it to other Beats headphones.
But that does come in handy. Although they lack that oomph when it comes to the explosions department, in games such as Call of Duty: Warzone, it really helps since you can make out the little things like character dialogue without having to mess with any of the EQ settings.
The only drawback here is its bulky charging case, which doesn't comfortably fit in a regular pocket, so you'll probably have to carry it in a bag or have it as a permanent fixture on the desk.
9. ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Headset
- Astro Audio V2: Immersive Audio and sound experience that delivers dialogue, music and in...
- Dolby Audio: Dolby Audio delivers a cinematic, high resolution gaming audio experience
- Battery life: 15 plus hour rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Game: Voice balance: Gives the user total control over the mix of the game and chat Audio
- Astro command center software: The free Astro command center software gives players...
The Astro A50 Gen 4 wireless headset is one of the best wireless headsets with great sound quality. These are comfortable headphones that come with a wireless dock for a very low latency connection, and they also double up as the charging station. The boom mic also comes with an impressive overall performance so that your voice sounds crystal clear and natural.
This also applies if you are gaming in a noisy place. Right out of the box, the sound profile is pretty balanced, with a tinge of that extra bass-boom that helps bring out the sound effects in the action-packed games. The Astro A50 Gen 4 wireless headset also operates using the Astro Command Center software, which offers that graphic EQ for sound customization plus other little nifty features, like using different noise gate settings for the microphone.
It's a little disappointing that they don't support Βluetooth, which is a bummer if you want to stream your music from the phone and also hear your game audio simultaneously. Also, like a lot of other gaming headsets, they don't come with noise isolation to keep you from ambient sound. This means that you'll probably get a little distracted by the traffic outside your window. But, all things considered, they're a solid option if you're looking for a good set of wireless gaming headsets.
10. HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset
- 15-25kKhz Frequency Response.Headphones fit type:Over-Ear
- Designed for comfort: Exceptionally comfortable memory foam ear cushions and padded...
- Supreme audio quality: Large 53 millimeter drivers provide high-quality audio. Hear...
- 7.1 virtual surround sound: Truly immerse yourself in your games with hardware-driven...
- Passive noise cancellation: The closed ear cup design blocks out outside distractions to...
These gaming headsets come with a wider frequency range that lets in all of the details. If you're an avid gamer, you'd see why this is important and probably one of the best highlights here. With this pair, other gamers will never know what's coming–imagine the scuttle in that distant vent in Dark Souls 3 or the rustle of a camper's boot while it rains in Titanfall 2.
With a virtual 7.1 surround sound, it has the right distance and depth, which makes them not only perfect for gaming but also for watching movies or listening to music. These headsets are compatible with the Xbox One and an work with an add-on adapter with Microsoft. However, they are unsupported on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360.
11. Razer Nari Essential Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
- Open studio reference class headphones for mixing and mastering, Made in Germany
- 250 ohms, 45 mm dynamic Tesla neodymium drivers
- Single sided, detachable cable with mini-XLR connectors
- Soft, replaceable ear pads and headband for long studio sessions. Headphone frequency...
- Delivery contents: 2 ear pads with different sound characteristics (analytical and...
The Razer Nari is durable but quite light in weight. These headsets are comfortable to wear since they come with a plush leatherette ear cushion that also fully covers your ears for an impeccable sound isolation. Since they're pretty comfortable, you can wear them for long periods without the need to adjust them throughout the game.
It has a 10-hour battery life per charge, which means that you get plenty of use until it's time to charge. Of course, when you're not playing, you can always put the headsets on a stand or in the carrying case and then take off its battery. The headset also comes with an auto-adjusting system that fits everyone's unique shape, and you can make all the major adjustments just using one button.
The Nari Essential also uses a THX Spatial Audio that's known to create an incredible virtual surround sound experience that's sure to make your games more spectacularly immersive than ever. Overall, this gaming headset is really one of a kind.
12. Meze 99 Classics Walnut Silver Wired Over-Ear Headphones
- The Meze 99 Classics are featured in Head-Fi’s Top 10 Best closed-back headphones of all...
- REAL WOOD EARCUPS provides natural sound isolation that’s suitable for studio recording,...
- SELF-ADJUSTING PU Leather HEADBAND that spreads the weight out and fits all head sizes,...
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Hard carrying pouch for better protection, detachable 1.2m thread...
- FULLY SERVICEABLE: No glue, just nuts, and bolts. We guarantee that all the 99 Classics...
The Meze 99 Classics Walnut Silver is another excellent pair of well-designed and durably constructed headphones. It has unique wooden parts that make it perfect for anyone who likes a one-of-a-kind headset design. The wooden part of the ear cups is handcrafted from walnut wood and comes with a soft PU leather for comfort.
Additionally, these gaming headphones come with a fully-functional design, built with memory foam ear cups and stainless steel hardware. They also include a spring steel headband that makes it possible to use these headphones in multiple positions for maximum comfort.
For a pair of budget audiophile headphones, the Meze 99 Classics Walnut Silver has a high-quality sound that works for anyone looking for the best budget audiophile headphones that are also great for gaming. In addition, they are fully serviceable, with a pristine sound quality that makes them a great fit for both gamers and music lovers alike. Overall, they sound great and are built to be durable.
13. Sennheiser HD 660S-HiRes Audiophile Open Back Headphone
- Reference class open back, dynamic headphone employing new and improved transducers...
- Transducers are hand selected for precise (1 dB) left / right matching tolerance insure...
- 150 ohm nominal impedance allows direct connection to home and mobile Hires audio devices....
- Para aramid reinforced, detachable cables employ high conductive OFC copper to insure...
- Supplied with two connection cables: One with a 6.35 millimeter stereo plug, the other a...
At this point, you've got to love the Sennheiser brand. It's been in the Hi-Fidelity electronic business for nearly half a century now. This should help assure you that these great quality headphones are from a reliable brand.
As you'd expect, the Sennheiser HD 660S headphones are built sturdily despite the plastic construction. They also have excellent sound quality, but if you're a gamer and live in a noisy house, these are probably not the best audiophile headphones for gaming.
But if you have a quiet gaming area, this is where the Sennheiser HD 660S peripherals would truly shine because you will absolutely love them. You get immersed into the RPG or accuracy in the battlefields, which truly brings out your best online persona. This is ideal for FPS games.
14. Audeze X Wireless Gaming Headset
- Low-latency wireless (2.4gHz) for fast gaming response along with Bluetooth 5.0. Includes...
- Use fast wireless and Bluetooth simultaneously – do game chat while also talking to...
- Audeze’s Mobius 4” Planar Magnetic drivers for better audio. Same drivers as in our...
- New high quality detachable boom microphone designed in consultation with Shure.
- IMPORTANT: This wireless headset works for xBox, the new xBox Series X, xBox Series S, and...
Audeze Penrose X is another great headset option. It has similar drivers as the Mobius headphones, ensuring outstanding sound quality. It also comes with a 10 band EQ, with 2 user-defined presets.
You also get a game versus mic mute, sidetone control, chat mix volume (applies on Xbox only), mic volume and OS volume controls. It works well with both low-latency 2.4gHz wireless dongle systems and Bluetooth 5.0, which also come included in the box. It also comes with an adapter for your laptop or console that supports the USB Type-C, that's also becoming a lot more popular.
The Audeze Penrose X's main focus is on superior audio that makes your games enjoyable on a whole other level. It's also pretty convenient since it controls the left cup, just like you would in other headsets.
15. AKG Pro Audio K712 PRO Over-Ear, Open-Back, Flat-Wire Studio Headphones
- Over-ear design maximum wearing comfort for long work sessions
- Sophisticated open technology for spacious and airy sound without compromise
- Improved low-end performance by 3dB for more powerful sound imaging
- Revolutionary flat wire voice coil for incredible impulse and treble response
The AKG Pro Audio K712 PRO is also an excellent set for playing games. They give you a crystal clear and crisp sound system. In addition, it has excellent sound isolation that really comes in handy when you need to focus on the game sounds while also blocking out distractions. As a audiophile gaming headset, it comes with a top-notch sound quality that's most ideal for gamers. In addition, they have a decent bass response, which is most suitable when playing games such as Fallout 4, or Grand Theft Auto V etc.
16. Sennheiser Pro Audio HD 650 Open Back Professional Headphone
- Specially designed acoustic silk ensures precision damping over the entire frequency range...
- Improved frequency response is 10 39,500 Hertz ( 10 dB)
- Hand selected matched driver elements; Highly optimized magnet systems for minimum...
- High power neodymium magnets deliver maximum efficiency; 3.5 millimetre jack plug....
- Lightweight aluminum voice coils for very fast transient response
The Sennheiser HD 650 was originally designed to focus on a High-resolution audio experience. This brand produces headphones that let you live and experience each beat of your favorite music. Audio will create the kind of atmosphere you want to be in, so the sound it comes with is pretty important.
These are budget gaming headphones that are affordable for anyone who wants quality headphones with noise-canceling features that are created to reduce sound movements and disruptions. It also has an easy volume adjustment system, where you can do it from the cable itself so that you won't be needing any more devices. These headsets also feature a 3-way adjustable headband that lets you achieve your desired comfort level.
17. Philips Audio Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision Stereo Over-Ear Headphones
- 50mm neodymium drivers deliver full spectrum of sound
- 1.5m cable gives you freedom of movement for indoor use
- Comfortable double layered headband cushion, breathable ear cushion for longer wearing...
- Finishing of connector: gold-plated, acoustic system: open, Magnet type: neodymium
These open-back headphones are relatively new by the reputable Philips company. However, these are some of the best headphones that are designed for a high-quality, rich soundscape that's great while listening to music or while gaming. These are open-back, over-ear headphones that also allow the sound to be more accessible and more prominent due to the spacious design.
It comes with a double-layered headband cushion that provides an added comfort with just the right amount of tension for a more secure fit. This also helps provide longer-lasting use without the wear and tear. The package also comes with an included cable that has gold-plated connectors. Additionally, since you'll be using it with audiophile-grade equipment, you also get a 6.3-3.5mm adapter that's included in the package.
18. HIFIMAN Arya Full-Size Over-Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones
- Acoustically Invisible Stealth Magnet: Unlike the sound waves created by a conventional...
- Nanometer Thickness Diaphragm A breakthrough core technology developed by HIFIMAN and...
- Metal and High-Grade Plastic Construction: HIFIMAN designed the Arya's high-quality metal...
- Patented “Window Shade” System: Created to meet the need for driver protection and an...
- Bold Black Aesthetic: With its classic HE1000-style shape combined and striking good looks...
If you're searching for the best Planar magnetic headphones, HIFIMAN Arya is a full-size over-ear gaming headset that gives you an immersive sound that comes with an excellent soundstage. The HIFIMAN Arya headphone comes with pads on the super soft and comfortable headphones. This means that they don't create any discomfort, especially if you have to use them for extended periods. The planar magnetic drivers mean that the sound quality is crystal clear without distortion, making them impressive. With these headsets, you get all the details that come in handy, especially when the game's a little heated.
19. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro Over-Ear Studio Headphones
- Closed over-ear headphones for professional mixing in the studio
- Perfect for studio recordings thanks to their pure and high-resolution sound
- The soft, circumaural and repalceable velour ear pads ensure high wearing comfort
- Hard-wearing, durable and robust workmanship Made in Germany
- Practical single-sided cable (3.0m coiled cable)
These Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro over-ear studio headphones have been around for a while, decades now, in one form or the other. These have been the original design from which many other different headphones have been designed throughout the years, and from its impeccable design, you can also see why. These are gaming headphones that rightfully deserve their place in this list of the best audiophile gaming headphones.
They come with a specially designed acoustic silk-smooth bass and crystal-clear highs that have also been boosted to match its bass. You'll definietelly fall in love with their sound profile. The Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros are closed-back and come in multiple impedance levels, but we'll be focusing on the 80ohm variant. It might not need an amplifier; using one will only make them better.
Overall, the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro headphones are inarguably one of the best pairs of audiophile headphones that are perfect for your gaming PC and don't cost too much money.
. So if you're hunting for a new pair of affordable audiophile headphones, then the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros are definitely going to make you happy, and the price tag will have you grinning.
20. Audeze Mobius Premium 3D Gaming Headset
- The first premium high-end, fully immersive 3D gaming headphones designed for high-end PC...
- Fully integrated surround sound functionality - Mobius produces the same awe-inspiring...
- 3 ways to connect - Switch from USB to wireless, featuring Bluetooth, AAC, & LDAC. And...
- Crystal-clear voice calls - Mobius comes with a flexible/detachable boom microphone with...
- Comfortable - Mobius's comfort is enhanced by the inclusion of replaceable, contoured...
As literally one of the best audiophile headphones for gaming, the Audeze (pronounced 'Odyssey') Mobius Premium is a special gaming headset and a recommendable all-rounder that's sure to give you a stunning sound and gaming experience.
The Audeze Mobius comes as a premium quality set of headphones that is the perfect choice for an audiophile who's also a gamer. Additionally, it also carries nifty features such as; an active noise isolation, superior surround sound capacity, comfortable wear and use, multiple connectivity options and a neutral sound profile that makes a completely fit all-rounder. Some users might find them a little expensive, but the features sure do justify the price at which they usually come.
21. Logitech G PRO X Wireless Lightspeed Gaming Headsets
- Based on the award-winning PRO Gaming Headset design, the PRO X Wireless headset features...
- High performance PRO X gaming headset with Lightspeed wireless technology, up to 20-plus...
- Next generation DTS Headphone: X 2.0 7.1 surround sound channel with object-based surround...
- Advanced PRO-G 50 millimeter drivers deliver clear and precise sound imaging with improved...
- Soft memory foam earpads with your choice of premium passive noise-canceling leatherette...
Most people seem to prefer wireless headphones are over wired ones. This could be because the wireless headphones allow you to be a little more mobile and are great when it comes to portability. In addition, your movement doesn't have to be restricted by the wires. Among the best wireless headphones for audiophiles, the Logitech G Pro X wireless headsets top the list of the best wireless gaming ones. These are headphones that have been constructed with gamers in mind for the best gaming experience.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best
Audiophile Headphones for Gaming
A. What's the Level Of Sound Stage/Surround Sound?
In gaming, surround sound is probably one of the most important factors to consider when buying audiophile headphones for gaming. Surround sound, or the soundstage, refers to the ability of the headphones to pinpoint the exact location of the sound with total accuracy. For instance, picture this, you are playing FPS games and have an enemy who's lurking right from the back of your shoulder.
Headphones with a great surround sound should be able to have you tell exactly where your enemy is coming from or positioned. An audiophile headphone with a great surround sound ability of a gaming headphone pair is a match made in heaven. This combo allows you to get the most accurate sounds that are being produced in the game.
B. Does It Have Active Noise Cancelation?
You really don't wish to be disrupted when you are right in the middle of the battlefield, right before you take down that last one before going on to the next level. It can be intense and what helps with this is great noise-canceling features in your headphones.
Gaming audiophile headphones with noise-cancelling properties come with the ability to exclude the ambient noise in your background. This helps players to have more focus on the game while playing.
C. What's the Sound Quality?
What good are impeccable surround sound and noise-cancelling features if the sound quality of your audiophile headphones is below average? All these go together, especially if they're audiophile headphones.
The audio quality is quite important. What's interesting is that audiophile headphones don't really have specific audio profiles, so you can expect a well-balanced sound quality from your pair, which comes with the highest quality audio fidelity.
D. Are They Comfortable?
Most gamers will be sitting in front of their gaming PCs for crazy long sessions. Especially if you stream. While getting your headphones, make sure they're lightweight and have super comfortable ear cups.
Headphones that come with memory foam ear cups are mostly regarded as the most comfortable headphones. Besides the earpads, the next factor to check is how comfortable or adjustable the headband is. An ill-fitting, inadjustable or hard feeling headband can be quite uncomfortable, especially if you're going to be wearing them for hours.
They won't only be uncomfortable, but they can get downright painful at some point. Padded headbands that come with an element of flexibility are always the best pick, especially if you're going to be using them for long periods.
E. Are They Wired or Wireless?
Gaming is one of the few instances where a lot of users prefer using wired headphones over wireless ones. This is probably because wireless headphones tend to lag in sound, even if it's by as little as just a few microseconds. But, wireless headphones also come with their own sense of convenience.
Fortunately, most wireless headphones are hybrids, i.e., they come with the ability to be used as wired headphones when needed. So it's really down to your preference as the user, whether you prefer to use yours as a pair of Bluetooth headphones or as a wired pair.
F. How Good Is the Microphone?
The microphone is another essential part of gaming. Gamers will constantly need their microphones for in-game voice chat communication, either with their friends or with their teammates. Therefore, gamers should always go for audiophile headphones with a good microphone so that they won't face a communication breakdown right in the middle of the game.
Many headphones nowadays come with a retractable or detachable microphones. So you can detach or retract them when you do not need to use them at that point in time.
G. Is It Portable?
Portability is also key. You will always need to have your headphones on the go. So a bulky set of headphones are the least preferred ones while you travel. With the advancement in technology, most headphones now come with great mobility and have a slim modern design.
Frequently Asked Questions On the Best Audiophile Headphones for Gaming
1. Are audiophile headphones great for gaming?
Yes, good-quality audiophile headphones are perfect if you want to game because they're specifically designed to help you feel the immersion in the game to help give you a better sense of what's happening in the game.
2. Should you wear headphones while you game?
Audiophile headphones submerge you deeply into the sounds being produced in the game and help you make directional audio cues, such as footsteps, so much clearer. This is an important feature, especially in multiplayer games. These headphones also prevent game audio from passing through your microphone while you're on voice chat.