As wired earphones gradually get outdated, people are embracing Bluetooth earbuds. These wireless products supply a decent sound output while eliminating the need for tangly cords. However, there are numerous options for wireless earbuds.
While many people think the best products are expensive, that is not always the case. Some earbuds are cheap and, at the same time, surprisingly good.
This review is for budget-conscious individuals and explores the best earbuds under $50.
1. JLab Audio Go Air True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds + Charging Case
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: Listen for the long battery life; stay for the comfort. GO Air features...
- DUAL CONNECT: Use either earbud independently or use both and experience a seamless...
- SMALLER DESIGN: Go Air are 20% smaller than the JBuds Air. This means a slimmer profile,...
- CUSTOM EQ3 SOUND: Featuring 8mm neodymium drivers, GO Air provides a crystal clear sound....
- INCLUDES: GO Air Earbuds, Charging Case with Integrated Charging Cable, 3 Sets Gel Tips:...
As one of the smallest fits from JLab, the GO Air True Wireless Earbuds are an excellent choice for the best wireless earbuds under $50. These Bluetooth earbuds have a slight build making them suitable for smaller ears. They also feature a longer earbud stem that creates a cosy fit that seals in the high-quality sound it produces.
The Go Air model comes with a pocket-friendly charging case with an integrated cable for on-the-go charging. This means you can carry it in your wallet with no trouble. Also, this case has a strong magnet that secures the buds in place while you are moving.
The long battery life on the Go Air earbuds provides five hours of playtime in either earbud. The carrying case gives an extra 15 hours, which combines 20 hours of music. The integrated charging cable ensures that you can power up the case without any hassle.
The 8mm neodymium drivers in this pair of earphones supply a good sound quality that is well-balanced to inspire your active lifestyle. This makes them an ideal choice even for your gym workouts and morning runs.
2. JLab Audio Jbuds Air True Wireless Signature Bluetooth Earbuds
- AUTO ON & CONNECT: The JBuds Air automatically turn on and connect to each other once...
- CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH CONNECTION: A Class 1 Bluetooth 5.0 connection keeps you going for 6+...
- CONTROL IT ALL / CUSTOM EQ3 SOUND: Control all your music and volume with a push or two on...
- EVERYDAY PROOF / POCKET SIZE: An IP55 sweat resistance helps the earbuds hold up against...
- INCLUDES: JBuds Air True Wireless Earbuds, Charging Case, 3 Sets Gel Tips, 1 Set Cush...
With a reliable Class 1 Bluetooth 5.0 connection, the Jbuds Air is another great choice for true wireless earbuds. Each earphone can keep going for 3-4 hours on a single charge, while the charging case provides an additional 10 hours of battery life. Once you take the wireless earphones out of the case they automatically turn on and connect to your device to let you pick up where you left off.
The JLab Signature, Balanced, and Bass Boost features allow you to adjust the sound to your personal preferences without an app. Also, you can control your playlist and volume by tapping the earbud exterior once or twice. You can use the in-built microphone to activate a Voice Assistant feature that lets you use voice commands for hands-free operation.
The Jbuds Air can hold up well against the water with a resistance rating of IP55. This means you won't have to worry about sweat or moisture destroying them during your workouts. The package also includes extra ear tips and Cush Fins that ensure you have a comfortable listening experience.
3. TOZO T10 Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earbuds With Wireless Charging Case
- [ORIGX Acoustic Technology] The professional ORIGX 2.0 technology further optimises the...
- [Bluetooth 5.3] Features with the advanced Bluetooth 5.3 technology, TOZO T10 Earbuds...
- [One Step Ppairing] Simply take 2 headsets out from the charging case, and they will...
- [IPX8 Waterproof] Earbuds and charging case inner Nano-coating makes it possible to...
- [Charge on the Go] The TOZO T10 Earbuds offer a playtime of over 10 hours on a single...
The T10 Wireless Earbuds is also a great choice among the best wireless earbuds under $50. This product has an ergonomic design that perfectly curves into the ear canal contour to give you a comfortable fit. The soft silicone ear tips are round to offer stability and ease as you use these wireless headphones.
Every specification of the T10 True Wireless Earbuds' acoustic tuning gives a perfect balance of bass, treble, and midrange sound profile. This ensures that you can enjoy excellent sound output as you listen to music.
Both the headphones and charging case has a resistance rating of IPX8. The waterproof Nano-coating protects these items from damage by sweat and water. So if you like enjoying music while running or skiing, these buds will suit you perfectly.
While the case is compatible with most wireless chargers, you can power it up with fast USB-C charging. Wireless charging the case for 2.5 hours will give you up to 30 hours of battery life for the case. Unfortunately, the wireless charger is not included in the package.
4. Mpow M12 Bluetooth Earbuds, Wireless Charging
- Small Size, Penetrating Bass. Mpow M12 headphones have a lightweight body and high-quality...
- Quick Wireless Charging, Stay on the Go. You can use the USB Type-C cable to get quick...
- Wide Compatibility, Steady Connection. Mpow M12 wireless earbuds, with an advanced...
- Ergonomic Design, Fits Your Ears. With cone-shaped earcaps and ergonomically crafted...
- Upgraded Mono/Twin Modes, Easy Touch. Upgraded mono/twin modes enable the sound to be...
With decent small size and lightweight body, The Mpow M12 headphones are true wireless products that deliver balanced sound for the ultimate music experience. These Bluetooth earbuds have features like a super-sensitive diaphragm, well-tuned audio, and 6mm dynamic drivers that provide a detailed sound output. This allows you to tune in to the song's emotional appeal while hearing each note.
With an ergonomic build, these wireless headphones will fit your ears securely to offer a comfortable experience as you listen to music. The included ear tips come in small, medium, and large sizes to give you an immersive acoustic feel.
The earcaps are cone-shaped to give you a secure in-ear fit that is comfy inside your ear. The IPX8 waterproof protection design will keep these headphones from getting damaged from sweat or rain. So, you can use them in a wide range of environments.
In case you need to direct your attention to your surroundings, you can activate the Mono Mode, which allows you to use a single earbud. Nevertheless, for a completely immersive experience, the Twin Mode, which uses both earphones, offers high-quality stereo sound and noise reduction. It's no surprise that these are one of the best wireless earbuds under $50.
5. AUKEY True Wireless Earbuds, Bluetooth 5 Headphones with Wireless Charging Case
- Superior Sound Quality: Experience crisp, high-fidelity sound while Bluetooth 5 provides...
- One-Step Reconnection: Simply take the earbuds out of the charging case and they will...
- Convenient Touch Control: Effortlessly manage audio playback & calls with the...
- Great Battery Life: The earbuds alone provide up to 5 hours of high-quality sound output...
- Package Contents: AUKEY EP-T21 True Wireless Earbuds, Charging Case, Three Pairs of...
The Aukey True Wireless Earbuds are another great option for wireless earbuds under $50. These earbuds come with a charging case that supports wireless charging. Alternatively, it also allows USB-C fast charging, which provides up to 25 hours of use. Each of the headphones has batteries that can withstand up to 5 hours of continuous use.
The Aukey True Wireless headphones have infrared proximity sensors that detect whether you are wearing them. As such, when you remove them, they automatically pause the music. Putting them back in your ears will cause them to resume your playlist where you left it.
These headphones also feature a lightweight build that comes with three sizes of ear tips. This allows you to find the most secure fit to sustain your listening needs for the entire day. The smart touch control also facilitates easy management of your music, calls, and more.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Wireless Earbuds Under $50
1. Intended Use
Before you buy cheap wireless earbuds, you should determine the primary need they should satisfy. For instance, if you will be using them in a noisy workplace to make calls, you will want earbuds with noise-cancelling features.
The purpose of the wireless headphones will dictate the features you want in them. If you want to use them for motivation while running, you should select the ones that can eliminate wind noise. For users who are not physically vigorous, ear hooks could be unnecessary since the earbuds won't easily fall off.
If it's for the musical sound, your Bluetooth headphones should have the best audio output and acoustic features. Depending on what you need, choose an appropriate pair of wireless headphones.
2. Battery Life
The strength of batteries in your wireless earbuds will determine how long you can use them. If you get a pair of headphones that easily loses charge, it will cause you more frustration than joy. So battery life is an essential consideration to have. Most wireless earbuds have a 3-5 hour battery life, which you can extend with the charging case.
The battery life of the charging case is also a crucial factor. The charging case will take a long time to fully charge, so you want one that can hold the charge for long enough. Otherwise, most of your time will be spent on charging rather than using your Bluetooth earbuds.
It is vital to have a pair of headphones that is comfortable in your ears. If they cause discomfort, you won't use them for as long as you'd want without getting sore. Wireless earbuds that have an ergonomic design ensure that you can enjoy hours of uninterrupted music without any pain.
Additionally, the size and weight of true wireless earbuds will determine how they feel inside your ear. If they are larger than your ears, they will be bulky and won't hold well as you move around. So, you should choose a product that is lightweight and has a small fit.
Additionally, for a secure fit, most Bluetooth headphones have several ear tips in different sizes to ensure they stay in place. The ear tips should be made of soft material like silicone to avoid straining the ears.
With a comfortable pair of earphones, you can enjoy listening to music for hours without having to take any breaks to rest your ears.
4. Water Resistance
Waterproofing your earbuds is important, especially if you are wearing your earphones during a workout. Earbuds without a moisture-resistant coat will easily get damaged when the water or sweat gets inside. So, it is crucial to choose a water-resistant wireless Bluetooth earbud.
Water-resistance is a standard feature of the best wireless earbuds under $5, adding durability and longevity. As such, before you buy, you should check for its resistance rating. Otherwise, your earphones won't last as long as they should.
4. Ease of Control
Another thing you should think about is the control features. You need a pair of earphones that provide an easy way of adjusting the volume or changing the playlist. This means that they should feature touch control or voice command controls.
Earbuds with touch control allow you to manage the volume and songs you listen to by tapping the outside of the earbuds. On the other hand, the earbuds that support a voice assistant feature allow you to use voice control, e.g., using Alexa or Siri, to manage your music experience.
5. Noise Cancelation
Something else you should check for is the noise-cancelling feature. This feature enables the earbuds to manage the background noise to give you a personalized sound experience. Without this feature, the noise in your surroundings can seep through the earbuds making them less effective.
As such, you want your earphones to cancel out ambient noise before it reaches your ears. This allows you to hear the music better while eliminating unnecessary sounds. If an immersive listening time is what you want, you should ensure the wireless earphones you choose have this feature.
6. Sound Quality
The sound quality is a make or breaks factor among wireless Bluetooth ear headphones. You shouldn't spend your money on a pair of earbuds that has poor sound quality. As such, you should check the specifications and features that comprise high-quality earbuds.
You can check the bass, treble, and midrange sound profile since these components add depth to the sound quality. Additionally, you could check the acoustic design and the drivers in the earphones to ensure they are ideal for your needs. You should select the earbuds with a well-balanced audio output.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What's the best wireless earbud for under 50?
The JLab Audio Go Air True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds are the best we've reviewed that are under $50. They feature long battery life, good audio output, and a comfy design at a reasonable price.
2. What are the best inexpensive Bluetooth earbuds?
The Mpow M12 Bluetooth Earbuds are among the cheapest and best products you can get at less than $30. They are water-resistant, cozy, and quite durable.
3. Which true wireless earbuds are worth buying?
The JLab Audio Jbuds Air True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds are among the best you could buy at an affordable price.