If you’re having a party later on and you're looking for a Bluetooth speaker with some serious game in volume and quality that you can buy without having to part with an organ, then fear not. There's a pretty good number of portable Bluetooth speakers on the market that perfectly fit the description of the loudest portable Bluetooth speaker. In addition, these speaker recommendations come sizeably small, lightweight, and at an inexpensive price point.
If you’ve been on a trip such as a camping out or a sunny day at the beach, then you know how frustrating it can be if your portable Bluetooth speakers are not loud enough and can’t pack a punch. However, if you love your music, then you’re definitely looking for decent full-range volume, great quality sound, great Bluetooth range, quality build and portability, and voilà you have a new best friend!
Why Portable Load Speakers?
People used to carry heavy wired boom boxes in the early days to enjoy a great loud music experience, but it was a little hard to carry around. Then came a new age in technology and convenience that gave us portable Bluetooth speakers that come either big or small, function wireless, and still deliver an impressive audio performance.
The loudest portable Bluetooth speakers will soar with you on the highs and deep lows of all your favorite tracks wherever you are at the party, camp, or beach. The term Bluetooth might be getting thrown around a lot nowadays. But, here's a little interesting fact, Bluetooth connectivity has been around for a while and was first adopted in 1998.
With all the time around, it'd be funny but true to realize that not everyone is familiar with the great things that Bluetooth connectivity can actually do. But all in all, Bluetooth is one of the more reliable and less frustrating ways to use wireless technology.
Here are some more reasons why portable Bluetooth speakers should be your thing;
- No use of cables - the loudest Bluetooth speakers don’t need any cables or wires to work, so you won't ever get tangled up
- Lightweight-these speakers are built to be portable and convenient to carry, so you can even use them as you’re working out, and you certainly won’t experience the disturbances as you make movements
- Quality sound – the best loudest Bluetooth speaker gives you a great high definition sound
- Trendy – While living in a fast-paced life, adaption to technology now is for mere convenience; these loud Bluetooth speakers are both trendy and convenient
- Cost – When all the advantages and features of the loudest Bluetooth speakers are summed up, you'll be surprised by how much they actually cost especially compared to their wired counterparts
The Loudest Bluetooth Speaker Contenders
These are the ones that are ultimate in both size and power. They're still portable. However, they’re much bigger, with an average weight of roughly 30 lbs. Most come with in-built batteries, so you can still take the music where the party calls.
These are the ones that give you that big astounding sound in a tiny enclosure that would surprise you. And like they say, what they lack in size, they make up for in power! So if you're looking for something that's loud, but that can still fit in a backpack, then it's in the lightweight section that you should start!
Clarity on Some Common Terms
I) Understanding dB Ratings
When purchasing the loudest Bluetooth speaker, the specifications will give a better insight on the quality of construction, audio quality, and purpose it was specifically designed for. However, when looking into the speakers and, more specifically, the loudness of the speakers, you must understand the different loudness ratings of the speaker, which is where the term decibel(dB ) comes in.
In itself, the decibel is only a ratio used to compare the value of one measure to the value of another. On its own, it doesn't tell us much unless you assign it to something else. So among a list of other things, a decibel is the intensity of sound or the power level that the electrical signal in your speaker puts out by comparing it with a measure on the logarithmic scale. Simply put, in English, a decibel is used to measure the voltage and power in your device.
Generally, the lowest sound level humans can hear is 20 micro pascals. Translated, this is 0 Sound Pressure Level (SPL), which is commonly accepted as a reference point by which all the other sounds can be compared against.
II) Sound Pressure Level (SPL)
When looking at a speaker's output volume or sound compared to other speakers, we generally look at its output SPL, also referred to as the speaker sensitivity. However, the output dB SPL also has to be backed up by a measure of power, and the power of a speaker is in its wattage.
Wattage, in this case, is a measure of the strength in its amplification. More specifically, to determine the speaker’s loudness and power rating, then look for its RMS wattage rating and how much output dB SPL it is built to handle.
III) Wattage Vs. Volume Rating
If you're wondering whether a higher wattage gives you a louder sound, no, it doesn’t. A speaker's volume depends on many factors, but the wattage might give you a slight idea of the speaker’s potential volume. For instance, a 400W speaker will definitely be louder than a 5W speaker, but looking at its peak power instead of its RMS wattage will give you a better idea of just how loud.
Which is the Loudest Portable Bluetooth Speaker?
1. JBL Xtreme Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Hear the bass, feel the bass, see the bass. Dual external passive radiators demonstrate...
- Splashproof means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even clean it with...
- Take Crystal clear calls from your speaker with the touch of a button thanks to the noise...
- Built-in rechargeable li-ion battery supports up to 15 hours of playtime and charges...
- Wirelessly connect up to 3 Smartphones or Tablets to the speaker and take turns playing...
The JBL wireless Xtreme Bluetooth speaker is the best and comes in 5 different punk colors. The JBL brand is highly reputable and widely positively reviewed as one of the loudest Bluetooth speakers; this wireless Bluetooth speaker gives you perfectly clear loud audio, deep bass and is completely waterproof.
Its waterproof and portability feature means that you can take it wherever you go, whether it's for a picnic at the park, a birthday party, or a dance recital at your local dance studio. It's not only a loud Bluetooth speaker with great looks and features; it also comes with a rechargeable battery that only needs charging for a few hours to give you a handy 15 hours of continuous playtime.
It charges using a USB cable that you can easily plug into an outlet, PC, or any other USB-compatible device to give it a quick charge while in use.
Overall, the JBL Xtreme wireless Bluetooth speaker is a top spot as the loudest Bluetooth portable speaker you can get with clear and loud audio, an excellent rechargeable battery, dual USB ports, and its ability to connect wirelessly to 3 devices which comes quite in handy simultaneously.
2. Aiwa Exos-9 Bluetooth PortableSpeaker
- HOME-STEREO SOUND, INSIDE OR OUT - With 200 watts of continuous power and 5 drivers,...
- ALL-DAY BATTERY LIFE - Your guests will pass out before the Exos-9 does! Keep it plugged...
- CONNECT IN SECONDS - Bluetooth 4.2 ensures instant pairing and maintains a strong...
- ULTIMATE CONTROL OVER YOUR MUSIC - Crank the bass, mids, or highs with the 5-band onboard...
- THE AIWA PROMISE - We proudly stand behind our products. We offer a 1-year WARRANTY on the...
For top levels of dB and power, then at times, it might be necessary to get yourself a large Bluetooth speaker that's still classified as portable but is built to give the extra shot in power and sound you need. Generally, bigger drivers and cones will mean more power, and with that in mind, the Aiwa Exos-9 Bluetooth portable speaker is exactly what you need.
With its bigger size, it's obviously a little heavier, but the Aiwa Exos-9 comes packed with all the great features you'd want from one of the best loudest Bluetooth speakers. For starters, its sound quality and volume make the Aiwa Exos-9 Bluetooth speaker a great option to put out in your garage or outdoor party. Although it's not as light as some of its Bluetooth speaker contenders, weighing roughly 13 pounds, its power is definitely not to be questioned.
This speaker comes with 5 high-tech acoustic drivers making the Aiwa Exos-9 a great super bass Bluetooth speaker that pushes 200 watts of continuous sound power. It also features a 6.5” dual coil subwoofer that delivers incredible stereo sound pumping out deep, punchy bass, crisp highs, and clear mid-range tones.
The Exos-9 speaker comes in a classy, tough, and durable exterior design and a removable 57.2Wh Li-ion battery that goes for up to 9 hours.
3. The New SOUNDBOKS (Gen.3)
- 126 dB of Amazing Sound – Crisp treble and perfect bass
- 80 hrs of Battery — 2 BATTERYBOKS packs included, swap for up to 80 hrs of playtime
- Durable Design – Snow-party-ready, dirt resistant, built to last
- Connectivity – Connect devices via Bluetooth, XLR or ⅛” AUX input
- Fully Wireless – Take it anywhere, set up in seconds
The New SOUNDBOKS (Gen.3) is officially the loudest Bluetooth speaker! A peak volume of 126dB and 2 military-grade batteries give you a whole 80-hours of non-stop music. Overall, this new SOUNDBOKS is incredibly engineered, therefore a little pricey but with features you've got to love.
At 126dB, it is ridiculously loud, gives you that powerful bass, features a long battery life with its 2x 40-hour swappable batteries, an ⅛-inch AUX, and audio Bluetooth connection all housed in a waterproof design.
4. Bose SoundLink Revolve Bluetooth 360 Degree Speaker
- Delivers deep, loud, jaw dropping sound with True 360 degree coverage
- Built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls out loud with a...
- Flexible fabric handle makes it easy to grab and go; seamless aluminum body is durable and...
- Enjoy up to 16 hours of play time from a long-lasting, rechargeable, lithium-ion battery
- Wireless Bluetooth pairing with voice prompts allows you to easily take calls and access...
The Bose SoundLink Revolve Bluetooth 360 degree speaker also ranks high on the list of the loudest portable Bluetooth speakers on the market. It is popularly known for its deep sound that's loud and clear. It also comes with an in-built microphone, 30 feet wireless Bluetooth range, and 16 hours of battery life and playtime delivered by its astounding lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
So many people might gravitate towards this particular Bose speaker because of its lightweight design that gives you a 360 degree sound performance. The latter feature means that wherever its placed, everyone can enjoy beautiful music through these speakers.
It has an IPX4 water resistance rating that means it is water-resistant while its audio is loud and crystal-clear. It also has in-built voice prompts with Google Assistant and Siri that connect on Wi-Fi, making it one of the best portable speakers.
5. Bose SoundLink Mini II Limited Edition Bluetooth Speaker
- Voice prompts for easy Bluetooth pairing
- Up to 10-hour battery life per charge
- Built-in speakerphone
This Bose Mini II doesn't just make it to the list because of the Bose but mostly because its sound quality is simply exceptional.
If you are an audiophile looking for a model from a reputable brand with quite the reputation of satisfying the thirst for high fidelity audio, then as one of the loudest Bluetooth speakers on the market, this Bose model is for you.
6. Anker Soundcore Rave Mini Speaker
- Starting Sound: Enjoy a huge 101dB of sound delivered by a 5.25-inch woofer, 2-inch...
- IPX7 Waterproof: The water-tight casing creates an impenetrable seal to keep the music...
- Beat-Driven Light Show: Rave Mini's LEDs pulse, phase, and flow in time to the beat to...
- 18-Hour Playtime: Go from your yard, to a tailgate, and on to a night of partying at the...
- Soundcore App: Up the stakes with electrifying games, tailor the EQ and lights, and switch...
The Anker Soundcore Rave Mini speaker is a tiny speaker with lots of sound power. The Anker Soundcore audio brand has grown and made incredible strides in recent years. The ‘Rave’ tag on the product name gives you an idea that they mean business for your parties.
It ranks high as the loudest Bluetooth speaker since they pack up on power and haven't sacrificed portability. The Anker Soundcore Rave Mini packs a good amount of power into this tiny speaker that you could literally toss in your backpack and carry around all day.
It comes with an IPX7 waterproof rating. This IPX7 waterproof rating means that you can still enjoy your music in the rain, and it will still function perfectly even after having it submerged in water. So All-in-all, if you are looking for something tiny enough to carry around on a day-to-day basis but still have a decent level in sound power and that booming bass, this is it.
7. TREBLAB HD77 Ultra Premium Bluetooth Speaker
- Rich 360° HD Sound – Hear music like never before with 30W (25W RMS) stereo speakers...
- Durable & Rugged Body – Defy the elements with a shockproof, dustproof,...
- Seamless Connectivity – Pair the HD77 with any Android, iOS, laptop, tablet, smart TV,...
- For Those on the Go – Take your portable Bluetooth speakers wherever you wander with a...
- Additional Features – Add flair to your wireless outdoor speakers with an ambient LED...
The TREBLAB HD77 is a phenomenal Bluetooth speaker choice that comes with incredible IPX6 waterproof rating features. It gives a 360° HD sound perfect for the outdoors and can practically be used all day because its battery life can last you a good 20 hours of music playtime.
Its waterproof capabilities mean that if you ever get caught in a rainstorm or some snowstorm. But, at the same time, on your way, you shouldn't experience any issues whatsoever with the functionality of your speaker. Instead, it should continue to work perfectly since it was designed and built to handle that level of use in water activities.
The in-built microphone is a nice extra touch that comes in handy, especially if you’re sitting at the park or working on something, enjoying good music, your phone rings, and you're not in a position to answer it. You can either use the in-built microphone and voice-activated controls to answer your phone call and wirelessly speak through the Bluetooth speaker, which is pretty cool.
Overall, the TREBLAB HD77 Bluetooth speaker is a great choice if you love being outdoors on adventures, playing sports, or simply spending time at the park or other outdoor places. Its features make it ideal for hikes, camping, and other outdoor activities that might need your device to handle the elements and still function perfectly. In addition, the TREBLAB HD77 is one of the loudest Bluetooth speaker options currently on the market, and a lot of buyers seem to have great reviews using it.
8. DBSOARS Bluetooth Speaker
- Clear & Well-balanced Sound: Engineered with 2 15-watt full-range drivers and 2 passive...
- IPX7 Waterproof Speaker: DBSOARS GO Bluetooth speaker is fully waterproof and can survive...
- 40H Playtime & 10000mAh Battery: The built-in 10000mAh rechargeable battery delivers up to...
- Faster & Reliable Bluetooth 5.0 & Hands-free Calling: The latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology...
- What You Get: 1 DBSOARS waterproof Bluetooth speaker, 1 Type-C charging cable, 1 AUX...
The DBSOARS Bluetooth Speaker can punch a decent 97 dB of sound power. In addition, it comes in a rugged but sleek design and construction.
As on the best loudest portable Bluetooth speakers for outdoors, it has an IPX7 waterproof rating, 40-hour battery life and playtime, an in-built microphone for phone calls, and voice control settings that are Amazon Alexa enabled.
Yes, there are better-sounding and louder contenders on the list, but it’s hard to find any that beats the DBSOARS in terms of value among all budget option Bluetooth speakers.
Other Notable Mentions
- JBL PartyBox 100: The JBL PartyBox 100 is a smaller party speaker version of the JBL PartyBox 310, which can get quite loud. It comes with pretty decent features like having mic and guitar inputs that allow you to plug in your mic or guitar and take the stage and rock. However, on the downside is that it's not compatible with the JBL PartyBox app, so it doesn't have premium sound customization features such as the graphic EQ to tweak the sound to your preference
- JBL Boombox 2: The JBL Boombox 2 Bluetooth portable speaker is quite similar to the Sony XG500. It's quite loud and has pretty decent features, but it also doesn't have premium features such as a graphic EQ to customize the sound.
- Bose S1 Pro System: The Bose S1 Pro System Bluetooth portable speaker made it here since it can get pretty loud with such little compression at max volume; for a rugged speaker and audio, it sounds so clean even during the loudest listening sessions. It gives you at least 11 hours of playtime
- Sony XB90: The Sony XB90 is another large party speaker. Some of its outstanding features include a Fiestable app that you can use to access and control some extra party features. It also has fully customizable RGB lights and can also get quite loud. On the downside, however, it has more compression artifacts at its max volume so that the audio won't sound as clean at the loudest volumes
- Sony XG500: The Sony XG500 portable speaker is another party speaker with outstanding features like fully customizable RGB lights and a mic/guitar input. It gives you up to 30 hours of battery life with fast charging and subtle LED ring lighting for extra ambiance. But on the downside, it has some compression at its max volume
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Loudest Portable Bluetooth Speaker
A) Waterproof/Dustproof Capabilities
If you enjoy spending a lot of time playing music on the beach or while hiking, then you definitely would love to bring your portable speakers with you. The best waterproof Bluetooth speakers are completely waterproof and dustproof so that accidentally dripping a little water on them won't damage them in any way.
B) Powerful Audio Drivers
The best loud Bluetooth speaker is built with the most powerful audio drivers. Overall, these loud portable speakers deliver a thumping bass at such extraordinary volumes with low harmonic distortion.
C) High-End Powerful Bass
The loudest Bluetooth speakers that are portable boast of a powerful bass that hits heavy and dominates.
D) Stereo Sound Quality
This may seem obvious, but it's quite important. To put it plain and simple, you're definitely going to hate a speaker with poor sound quality. So make it a point to find a clear loudspeaker with a balanced quality sound and excellent bass and treble control.
E) Battery Life
The best loud portable Bluetooth speakers will need long hours of battery life to serve you well. These Bluetooth speakers being portable means that you may not be able to charge them as often. Go for Bluetooth speakers that are portable that give you at least between 12-30 hours of battery life or even more.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Loudest Portable Bluetooth Speaker
1. How loud is should a Bluetooth portable speaker be?
When looking for high-quality loud Bluetooth speakers, among other speaker features, always check for the number of decibels (dB). This is a measure of the intensity of sound that the speaker emits. Loud Bluetooth speakers should emit at least 90 dB or higher, so check that the speaker you go for at least qualifies in this rating.
2. Does a higher wattage translate to better speakers?
When it comes to the volume level, many people only consider the power or wattage rating of the amplifier. In general, more watts mean more powerful speaker features and, in turn, better sound quality that's loud enough. But even with the wattage being an important consideration, the efficiency of the speaker connected to the amplifier is the important factor in the 'loud equation.'
3. What makes a Bluetooth speaker sound better?
Each speaker produces a certain type of frequency that's either louder or softer compared to the others. If your ultimate goal is getting accurate, balanced audio reproduction, then always keep in mind that the less the variation in loudness between the frequencies produced (that is, the flatter the frequency response chart is) then the better the quality of speakers.
4. What is the frequency response in good quality Bluetooth speakers?
Hertz, usually described as range, is the unit in which frequency response is measured. For example, Bluetooth speakers vary from 100Hz - 20,000Hz. In theory, the higher the range, the better the ability of speakers to reproduce audio as intended.
5. How can you check for the quality of a Bluetooth speaker?
The first and probably most important thing to check for is the sound quality of the Bluetooth device. To check for the audio quality, pay close attention to its total harmonic distortion, which ideally should be less than 1%. The next important thing you should check for is its frequency range, which ideally should be between 100Hz to 20kHz.