Out of the many earbud brands on the market, Skullcandy is undoubtedly among the best. The best Skullcandy earbuds typically comprise high-quality and functional models that can make any task enjoyable. So whether you are working out, traveling, or simply listening to your favorite song, Skullcandy can improve your experience to a premium level.
However, it can be challenging sifting through the numerous headphones this brand has released. So, here's a list of the best Skullcandy earbuds and the buyer's guide so you can make the right choice.
Which are the best skullcandy earbuds?
1. Skullcandy Indy True Wireless Earbuds
- Bluetooth wireless technology.Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the...
- Product Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals...
- Removable stability, ear gels for secure fit. Sound Pressure Level - 95±3dB
- Up to 16 hours of total battery life
- IP55 sweat, water, and dust resistant
The Skullcandy Indy is the overall best Skullcandy earbuds on the market. They deliver excellent sound quality and have Bluetooth wireless technology providing a true wireless listening experience. This means that you can listen to music or manage calls without any wires getting in the way.
These true wireless earbuds also come with detachable stability ear gels that provide a precise fit in your ears. Even at maximum volume, these earbuds don't have any sound distortion. Instead, they deliver a balance of bass and midrange tones to deliver a realistic output that will make your songs sound like live music performances.
The Skullcandy Indy earbuds hold up to 16 hours of battery life when fully charged. As such, you can enjoy an entire day of listening to your favorite songs with these wireless earbuds. Furthermore, you won't have to worry about damaging these earbuds since they are water and dust-resistant. As such, you can use it during your sweaty workouts without any worries.
The easy-to-use touch controls allow you to adjust the volume, your playlist and manage hand-free calls. What's great about these Skullcandy earbuds is that they pack a decent bass output, enough to make your hip-hop tracks very enjoyable to listen to.
2. Skullcandy Sesh Wireless Earbuds
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- 10 hours of total battery
- IP55 sweat, water, and dust resistant
- Charging case
- Microphone, call, track, volume control, and activate assistant
The Skullcandy Sesh is next on our list of the best Skullcandy earbuds. They pack a deep bass and feature excellent sound output. These earbuds are compatible with iPhones and Android devices aside from being a budget-friendly option. The Bluetooth Wireless Technology will meet all your listening needs without entangling wires coming into the picture.
They can last a total of 10 hours to let you listen to your tracks for a while without interruptions. They have IP55 resistance, making them great for withstanding water, sweat, and dust. This makes them a durable option that can last through various environments. In addition, the travel-friendly charging case these Skullcandy earbuds come with is compact and will allow you to charge them on the go.
You will hear exceptional sound from these earbuds since they have clarity of high, midrange, and bass tones with good depth and balance. These earbuds are a must-have if you love music genres that incorporate heavy bass like rock or EDM.
The ergonomic design of these Skullcandy earbuds makes them comfortable so that you can listen to your song tracks for hours without fatigue or soreness. They also support voice assistant commands through Siri and Google Assistant, making them great for a hands-free listening experience.
3. Skullcandy Ink'd+ In-Ear Earbud
- Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the...
- Noise isolating fit
- Call and track control
- 2 extra sets of ear gels for perfect fit
These Skullcandy Ink'd in-ear earbuds are good when you need to save money as a pair costs less than $15. The earbuds are available in different colors, so they match your outfits. You can find them in pastel pink, mint, Moab red, olive, black, cobalt blue, and lavender.
Now, while they do not offer the best bass and are wired, you will appreciate the built-in microphone so you can take your calls without hassle. The noise-canceling earbuds also have the best fit to cancel external noise, and if you don't enjoy the fit-out of the box, there are two more pairs of ear gels to use.
You can track and control calls and audio with these earbuds, and they also come with a 24-month warranty for each pair. The only dealbreaker is that these earbuds do not offer the best audio quality for thorough entertainment. Also, as they are wired, you may find them limiting if you need to work out or do more physical activities.
4. Skullcandy Push True Wireless Earbuds
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology with 12 Hours of Battery Life
- Water Resistant design and Secure FitFin Gels
- Activate Assistant with a triple tap to send a message and more
- Microphone, Call, Track, and Volume Control
- Comes with: Push Earbuds - Charging Case - USB–C Charging Cable - User Guide
The Skullcandy Push True Wireless earbuds are a great option for any music enthusiast. They deliver great sound quality with well-balanced bass, treble, and midrange tones for optimal clarity. These earbuds have Bluetooth Technology which provides a hands-free and wireless listening experience for the listeners.
The charging case provides wireless charging for the earbuds, enough to last 12 hours of playtime. In addition, these earbuds are water-resistant, making them an excellent option for workouts since they can resist sweat damage. These Skullcandy Push earbuds also come with ear gels for holding them in place during rigorous movement, which is excellent for exercises.
The sound output of these earbuds makes them one of the best earbuds on the market. Their tones offer detail, depth, and clarity, making them great for listening to vocal performances. In addition, you can crank up the volume with the button controls, and you won't get any distortion at maximum output.
The in-built microphone in these Skullcandy earbuds allows you to make phone calls hands-free since you can operate them with a simple touch.
5. Skullcandy Ink 'D Wireless Earbuds
- LIGHTWEIGHT, LOW PROFILE, AND FLEXIBLE: The low-profile design weights only 24 grams,...
- SUPREME SOUND: A noise-isolating fit enhances the rich, clear audio of Supreme Sound...
- BUILT-IN MIC AND REMOTE: Manage your calls and music on these Bluetooth buds with the...
- LONG LASTING BATTERY: Listen longer and louder with 8-hours of rechargeable battery life....
Another budget-friendly option in the Skullcandy brand is the Ink' D Wireless earbuds which are lightweight, flexible, and low-profile. They have an inconspicuous design thanks to their 24 grams of weight. You can easily fold these Skullcandy earbuds for portability in your bag or pocket which means that you can travel with them while listening to your favorite soundtracks.
They also feature an in-built microphone that allows you to take phone calls without handling your device. The controls are easy to use and can adjust the volume, playlist, and manage your calls. The long-lasting battery on these earbuds can last up to 8 hours on a single charge.
You'll get a wide Bluetooth connectivity range since these Skullcandy earbuds can allow a distance of 30 feet from the user's device. This eliminates the need to carry your phone around when wearing these earbuds around the home.
Since they are lightweight, you won't feel any discomfort after wearing them for hours. The one downside to these earbuds is the connectivity which drips or lags sometimes. Also, the call quality leaves some room for improvement, but the price they are great earbuds.
6. Skullcandy Method In-Ear Sweat Resistant Sports Earbud
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Sweat resistant components have been sonically welded to block out moisture
- Supreme Sound technology producing attacking, powerful bass; warm, natural vocals; and...
- Sticky Gels technology is 30% more secure when sweating which boosts in-ear stability
- Pure clean Tech is blended into the ear gels to keep your gear feeling and smelling fresh
If you plan to listen to some good music with the best lightweight earbuds, these Skullcandy Method In-Ear earbuds are ideal for you. They are made with moisture-resistant materials, so you can even wear them on a fast run.
These best-wired earbuds also come at an affordable price under $20 and in a magnificent plum color to add color to your outfits. In addition, the earbuds have a good bass output, and the audio quality is not distorted even at the highest volumes.
The pair comes with Sticky gel earbuds designed to lock in a fit whenever you wear them, but some buyers have noted a tendency for the earbuds to fall off with rigorous activities. Unfortunately, you will not get an extra pair of removable stability ear gels. The earbuds have a built-in mic for calls, and you can control your volume and audio using easy-to-use controls.
7. Skullcandy Smokin Buds 2
- Skullcandy Smokin' Buds 2 In-Ear Bluetooth Wireless Earbuds, Black/Red OPEN BOX
Last but certainly not least is the Skullcandy Smokin Buds 2, which is among the most lightweight and comfortable earbuds to wear. They have a low-profile design and are made from moldable plastic, which wraps around your neck naturally.
These Skullcandy earbuds come with an "S" clip that allows you to adjust the neckband's tightness to a suitable degree. These earbuds are great for an out-of-this-world listening experience since they provide crystal clear sound and excellent tone detail. This makes them the best choice for hip hop or rock music fans.
The Smokin Buds 2 includes an angled nozzle that aligns with the contours of the ear to provide a comfortable listening time and ambient noise isolation. This means that you won't even hear the background noise while using these earbuds.
8. Skullcandy XTplyo In-Ear Sport Earbuds with Mic
- Triple Lock Tech. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Sweat Resistant
- Ambient Ear Gels and Reflective Cable Clip
- Universal Mic/Remote
If you need the best Skullcandy earbuds to take calls and control audio tracks, these XTplyo In-Ear Sport Earbuds are a great buy. They are wired, which can be a dealbreaker in some cases, but not this one. Thanks to this construction, the earbuds allow to best control audio, and they also come with a Triple-Lock technology which improves the fit even when you are working out.
The earbuds are not noise-canceling, which, again, would be a dealbreaker in other circumstances. However, these earbuds are designed for sporting activities, so the allowance for hearing background noise is best when you need to go for a run or outdoor sports; you can ensure better safety when you are in touch with your surroundings.
The earbuds are costly considering they are wired, but they are the best options when you need a wired pair for outdoor workouts. They are sweat-resistant, and the reflective cord is also easy to spot in a storage area.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Skullcandy Earbuds
a) Noise Isolation
One of the features that Skullcandy is integrating into their earbuds is noise isolation. Noise isolation doesn't use any tech or power to block out surrounding sound. Instead, it uses the construction and design of each earbud to stop the noise in your immediate environment from entering your ears.
The small and ergonomic design of Skullcandy earbuds makes them excellent for fitting securely in your ear canal. This creates a sealed chamber inside your ears that blocks any noise in your surroundings.
Noise isolating capabilities allow users to focus on the task at hand without any distractions from the outside world. So, if you are looking to improve your concentration when handling jobs or working out, you should select Skullcandy earbuds with Noise isolating features.
b) Sound Quality
Even the best Skullcandy headphones mean nothing if they cannot deliver excellent sound quality. As you consider the output of the sound, you should also think about the primary function you want the earbuds to perform. Are they for managing your calls, listening to music, or listening to audiobooks and podcasts? Your needs will determine the type of sound quality you want in your earbuds.
If it's for the music, you should consider the models with high sound clarity. Such headphones will allow you to hear the bass, treble, and midrange tones with depth and detail. This will make you feel like you are listening to a live performance, making the experience enjoyable.
Those who need Skullcandy headphones for making calls should ensure the microphone can pick up and deliver excellent call quality. You wouldn't want a situation where you can hear the person on the other end clearly, but they can't make out what you are saying. So, this should be a consideration among those planning to make calls with these earbuds.
c) Battery Life
One of the essential considerations when thinking of a pair of Skullcandy earbuds is how long the batteries will last. If the batteries can't hold a charge, they could die out on you during a call or in the middle of your workout, which can be a disturbing problem.
Even the low-end Skullcandy products can provide at least 5 hours of battery life. Therefore, you should opt for an option that allows you to do what you need to do without prematurely shutting down.
Additionally, you should check for a quick charging feature since some earbuds take too long to charge. With a quick charge function, you can rely on your headphones to serve you for a long while with a few minutes of charging. All in all, you should select models that will hold a charge for the longest while to give you as much time as necessary to enjoy your songs.
d) Charging Mechanism
True wireless models don't rely on a wire for charging. Instead, they come with a charging case where you leave the earbuds until they fully power up. One advantage of charging cases is that they are compact enough for you to carry around. In addition, the travel-friendly design allows you to go for trips or adventures with your earbuds since you'll have a means of charging them whenever it becomes necessary.
Some Skullcandy models like the Smokin Buds 2 have a neckband that goes around your neck. These types typically charge up using micro USB cables which come with the package. You should select the earbuds that you can easily and conveniently charge.
Comfort is crucial when buying any earbuds because it determines how long you can use them. You should go for the earbuds that sit comfortably inside your ear without becoming too bulky or tedious on your ears. Choosing an uncomfortable pair of headphones will mean that your ears will become sore and painful after a few hours of listening.
To avoid discomfort, you want earphones that offer various sizes. With the right ear gel size, you can rest easy knowing that your ears won't endure pain. Additionally, you should check for an earbud with comfortable ear tips. Fortunately, most Skullcandy models come with FitFin gel ear tips that secure them to your ears with a snug fit.
f) Ease of Controls
You also want earbuds that allow you to manage the volume, the track playlist, or phone calls. The controls will either be touch controls or push-button controls. For the push buttons, you could find the volume control separate from the other controls.
However, for the touch controls, the number of touches and the specific earbud you touch will determine the adjustments you make. Either way, you want an option that allows you to control your earbuds without any straining easily.
Wireless vs. Wired: Which Are the Best Skullcandy Earbuds?
Are you trying to purchase the best Skullcandy headphones or earbuds but can't make up your mind about getting a wired or a wireless model? While we cannot provide a winner here, we will share the benefits of each type so you can buy with ease.
a) Wireless earbuds
As the name implies, wireless earbuds do not have a long cord that often carries the microphone and remote. Instead, these earbuds use either of three technologies to wirelessly transmit audio data from the source (such as smartphone, laptop, or TV) to your ears. The three sources are:
- Bluetooth. Wireless Bluetooth earbuds need an audio device, such as a smartphone, to encode the audio into a compressed form. Once the device transmits this audion through radio waves, the earbuds then decode it into audio signals using Bluetooth Codecs. After the process, you can listen to the audio for entertainment. If buying Skullcandy earphones that use Bluetooth, it is best to look for the latest Bluetooth 5.2 technology with a wider transmission range.
- Radio Frequency (RF) technology. Unlike Bluetooth, Skullcandy headphones using RF work through stereo frequency modulation, a transmission process using electromagnetic signals to receive and transmit audio. These headphones have a wider transmission range of up to 300ft and offer better performance for TV and PC use.
- Infrared Frequency (IF). If you have tested the sound quality of Skullcandy Bluetooth earbuds, you must have noticed how different devices can distort the signals to interrupt your listening. If you can find earbuds or headphones using IF technology, the interruption will be a thing of the past. This technology only requires a direct line of sight between the earbuds and the audio device, and you'll be good to go.
Wireless earbuds are ideal when you have an active lifestyle or want a lightweight option when traveling. Now that you understand the technologies used to make wireless earbuds effective, their advantages are;
- They allow you freedom of movement; However, you have to ensure the audio source, such as a smartphone, is within the disclosed proximity for good, undistorted audio quality
- They are compatible with most audio sources
- They are portable
However, wireless earbuds also have a few disadvantages, such as;
- They need frequent recharging. Without the charge, you cannot enjoy the entertainment
- They are hard to repair in case of damage
- They are more expensive
- You can experience audio signal disruptions
b) Wired earbuds
Most wired buds come with a cable and need a 3.5mm jack to connect to your smartphone. Other wired headphones can connect to your device via USB, TRS, TRRS, TRRRS. Wired earbuds are ideal for you if you need a guarantee of latency in gaming, office settings, or studios. Here are the advantages of using wired earbuds;
- They have better sound quality. The analog signals used to transmit data from your device are stronger than wireless signals, thus rendering a wired connection more powerful. In addition, there is minimal signal processing which means the audio is stronger, and you risk almost zero distortion even at high volumes
- They are affordable and easy to repair
- You can enjoy unlimited playtime since you only need to plug the headphones into your device
- They are easy to set up, unlike wireless earbuds that have a whole pairing process
That said, there also are some disadvantages of using wired earbuds such as;
- They are bulky and can restrict movement. Wired earbuds have to stay connected to your device whenever you use them, so you can't move from one place to the next without having to take the audio device with you. Additionally, the cable can restrict which activities you can perform when using the earbuds
- The cables are easy to damage. As mentioned above, the cables can restrict your activities since they get in your way. In addition, they are not always sturdy, so a single pull can have them snap and break, which will need repair or, at times, replacing the earbuds
- You can also have compatibility issues when using different audio devices
Are Skullcandy Earbuds Better than Skullcandy Headphones?
While we have covered the best Skullcandy earbuds, you can also get the best Skullcandy headphones such as the Skullcandy Crusher Evo headphones at an affordable price. But, are you wondering what the difference between Skullcandy headphones and earphones is? We will try to break it down in terms of performance and portability.
Generally, earbuds are more lightweight compared to headphones. They are minimalistic when worn, are not bulky, and are easy to carry around in your pocket. On the other hand, headphones are heavier and bulkier. All Skullcandy over-ear headphones will need dedicated packaging if you want to carry them around.
Here are times when the best headphones are ideal for you;
- When you want the best audio quality. Due to their bigger size, headphones transmit stronger audio signals without distortion. You will particularly enjoy a bass-heavy sound, making headphones excellent for listening to music, gaming, or watching movies
- When you need active noise canceling. Over-ear headphones always come in with a noise-isolating fit for the best entertainment
- When you don't want anything inside your ears. Over-ear headphones will not irritate your ears and are often safer for your eardrums
- When you want more charge, wireless headphones will offer better performance compared to wireless earbuds
Here are times Skullcandy earbuds are better for you;
- When you want lightweight options for traveling and portability
- If you want to hit the gym
- When you want a budget option that does not compromise quality
Frequently Asked Questions
a) Which Skullcandy wireless earbuds are best?
The best Skullcandy wireless earbuds are the Skullcandy Indy True Wireless Earbuds which are waterproof, have excellent sound quality, and a comfortable fit.
b) Is JBL better or Skullcandy?
Both brands make excellent products, but the difference is subtle. Some think The JBL is better than the Skullcandy because JBL offers a better build and a longer-lasting battery.
c) Are Skullcandy earbuds any good?
While Skullcandy earbuds seem to have a plastic build which could mean less durability, they are some of the most affordable options on the market.
Image source: pexels.com